Each year BOOM Organizers and Sponsors present a number of awards to selected projects.
Each sponsor will give one award based on broad criteria including novelty, execution, quality of engineering, performance, difficulty, social benefits, presentation, and resrouces available. Each sponsor award will include a commemorative trophy and $750.
The Faculty Awards are judged by Bowers faculty and focus on specific areas of Computing, Information,and Statisitcal science. Criteria may include novelty, elegance, simplicity, and appropriateness of algorithms and overall software engineering. The selected project (or projects) will receive a commemorative trophy and $750.
- Award recipients will be selected during BOOM.
- The commemorative trophy will be presented to those team members present at the time of announcement.
- Monetary awards will be issued in the form of checks made out to the individual team members listed on the project submission.
- Recipients will be contacted by email in the days following BOOM.
- Monetary awards are subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Alternate arrangements can be made if all listed recipients agree in writing.
Award Recipients Archive
Check our previous BOOM Award recipients!