How do I apply?
- The application link will be provided on our website during the application window.
Who can participate in BURE?
- You must be a Cornell Bowers CIS undergraduate who is returning to Cornell as a student for the fall semester to participate in BURE. Applicants also must have taken a core CS, IS, or SDS course.
Who can serve as a faculty mentor?
- All participating Cornell Bowers CIS faculty mentors are listed on this website. Students will request to work with faculty from this list as part of their application.
Is BURE open to both Ithaca and Cornell Tech campuses?
- Yes, BURE may occur at either Ithaca or Cornell Tech campuses, depending on your faculty mentor. However, program activities will take place at the Ithaca campus, and extra funding is not available for Cornell Tech projects. Please note BURE students are required to attend all BURE programming.
How much funding does BURE provide?
- Students are hired as hourly employees, and are expected to work 40 hours/week. Students are not allowed to work more than 40 hours/week or participate in outside employment.
Is there funding available to cover housing and meals?
- Unfortunately, BURE does not cover housing and meals.
What are the dates of the program?
- Program dates for Summer 2024 are June 3, 2024 through August 9, 2024. Please note BURE students are required to attend all BURE programming.
For questions about the BURE program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.