Interview style, process and formality vary greatly among employers. How do you know what to expect? Well...you probably won't, so prepare for all kinds of interviews, learn as much as you can and make sure you understand the job description as it relates to your skills.
Preparing for Interviews
Prepare for interviews: To get started review the information on preparing for an interview provided by Cornell Career Services
Interview Workshop Slides: Cornell Career Services has PowerPoint slides of their interview workshops available. Review the slides for useful information
Types of Interviews - there are several different styles of interviews. Learn about these different types and get tips on how to prepare for each.
- Informational Interview
- Case/Consulting Interviews
- Technical Interviews
- Video Interview
- UI/UX Interview
List of questions: Here is a list of interview questions you might be asked provided by Cornell Career Services.
- If you prepare answers to typical interview questions you can increase your confidence and potential for success.
- Understanding the employer’s goal in asking these questions will help you prepare effective responses.
Practice: You will find tips from Cornell Services on practicing your interview skills here. Remember, being able to present yourself with confidence is the first step.
- Questions to ask in an interview from a Glassdoorblog.
- 11 Tips to Stop Saying ‘um’ Forever
- Helpful tips for interviewing: calming nerves, body language, eye contact and other interviewing etiquette.
- How to be Likeably Confident During the Interview
- TED Talk - Amy Cuddy; Self Confidence
- Overcoming Interview Jitters
- Why your answer shouldn't be what you think the interviewer wants to hear
- What To Do After The Interview
- Job Interview: Follow Up (2 Minute Video)
- Why Didn't I Make It Past The First Interview?