On this page, you'll find links to Cornell resources and statements from University and CIS leadership concerning changes to the Spring 2020 semester due to coronavirus, COVID-19, as well as scheduling changes involving CIS-related events. We will be regularly updating the Events portion of this page as scheduling information becomes available.
Updated: 9:45 a.m. Monday, March 23, with procurement information and additional resources for researchers at Cornell.
Cornell Announces Proactive Measures to Prevent Spread of Coronavirus
Read President Martha Pollack's statement as well as her message about the importance of social distancing; On Friday, March 13, President Pollack announced the University would be suspending classes for three weeks beginning 5 p.m Friday.
COVID-19 Workplace Guidance for Cornell faculty and staff, courtesy of Cornell HR
Gates Hall and CIS spaces in Rhodes Hall: Beginning at 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 18, we will be limiting access to Gates Hall, and to the CIS spaces in Rhodes Hall, during this period of remote instruction. The restrictions will allow entry only to faculty, staff, and PhD/MS students in CIS, to be used by these groups in accordance with the guidelines for current building use conveyed in communications from the university. Read full details.
Comstock Hall: Effective 3:30 p.m. Friday, March 20, Comstock Hall will be locked until further notice and only accessible to those with key-card access.
Malott Hall: Effective 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 17, Malott Hall is locked until further notice and only accessible to those with key-card access.
Before making plans to attend any CIS events, please confirm whether or not your event has been canceled, rescheduled, or moved online.
Computing and Information Science (CIS)
- Commencement Weekend, please check with the Office of Commencement Events.
- Cornell Days has been canceled.
- BOOM 2020 has been canceled.
- Beginning Tuesday, March 17, the Information Science advising office will be closed to in-person advising and will be conducting business remotely until further notice. If you would like to make a virtual appointment, email Ugrad Advisor Ani Mercincavage with your availability with all days and times you are available for a 30-minute meeting between 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. EDT. Please indicate: whether you would prefer a Zoom or a Skype meeting (if you prefer Skype, please let Ani know what your Skype name is); include your full name, your Cornell netid, and a brief sentence about what the meeting is about.
- M.Eng/MPS workshop "Crack the Case Interview" has been rescheduled to 5 p.m. Wednesday, April 22, and moved to an online-only event. Registrants will receive a Zoom link once signed up.
Statistics and Data Science
- All remaining Spring semester Statistics Seminars have been canceled.
- The alumni talk with Matt Horton from Major League Baseball, which was scheduled for April 20, has been canceled.